Friday, December 18, 2009

Vinyasa

Theoretically, today should have been easy peasy. No classes to teach, no place I needed to be. Theoretically.

But, in fact, I had to finish some work in the morning, then errands: Stop by the post office, drop off rent cheques at my landlord's office and battle public transit to get home in time to stop by my neighbour's place to meet the her cats (as one of the few people in this city who doesn't travel someplace exciting for the holiday, I'm the Cat Sitter of Choice in the neighbourhood).

And then Princess Fur needed her holiday fur-cut (I'm now getting the 'silent treatment' from the Princess, who doesn't appreciate the clippers).

I needed to eat lunch. *burp*

And then I remembered that I still hadn't ordered my mom's Christmas present. I wanted to check that one off my list because I double over with guilt-pangs each time I see someone pass me on the sidewalk with gifts and wrapping paper.

I promised to work a shift at the soup kitchen tonight.

And yoga? Oh yes, yoga! THAT yoga! Of *course* I'm going to do yoga. Ummm...just as soon as I can find space to unroll my mat in the chaos of my apartment and locate a spare 10 minutes.

Today, it's a short, simple practice: 5 Surya Namaskara A, 3 Surya Namaskara B.

Sometimes, that's the best I can do (Seriously, I cannot WAIT until things slow down a bit).

No comments: