Thursday, February 5, 2009

Astanga

I can't believe I went for ten days without doing a single Astanga yoga practice! It really doesn't feel like it was that long. I tend to do five repetitions of Surya Namaskara A each day no matter what style I'm practising and I do teach one Astanga class every week. I have a feeling that my 'hatha' practices are more like 'Vinyasa' practices. I tend to work up a sweat.

It felt good to get back to it. I did a solid half-Primary, basically as much of the series as I could fit in the time I had allocated (Thursdays are busy).

Big news in my 'back yard': Joe the Crane Operator has finished up his work on the new building going up next door. Today, the crane was carefully disassembled and loaded onto flat bed trucks for removal to yet another building site. But I wonder what Joe is up to next? For over a year, he sat in his little Joe Pod at the top of the crane, pretty much eye-level to my apartment. I have to admit, I got a bit attached to him. The view out my window is a little bit lonelier. And I no longer have a bright blue driste for Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana.

Happy trails, Joe.


Shoeless Joe, the Crane Operator

No comments: