Friday, February 20, 2009

Astanga

Ouch, my armpits.

Every time I think I've become intimately familiar with every possible muscle group in my body Ashtanga introduces me to a new one. The area below my armpits and into my sideribs hurt like hell all day and particularly during my practice. Especially while attempting jumpthroughs. Yup! Somebody overdid it yesterday!

Amusing sidenote: I was trying to figure out precisely which muscles were at play by googling “sore muscles under armpits and all I found were pages and pages of people complaining about their sore muscles and wondering how to get rid of them. I don't have any answer but one: don't do Ashtanga yoga. *grin*

For benefit of the curious, I'm thinking my soreness was in the Serratus anterior. My second guess is the Latissimus Dorsi. Or maybe both.

Anways...Swenson Short Form today. And ouch.

No comments: