Monday, February 23, 2009

Astanga

I'm having an awful day. Pretty much everything that could go wrong, did go wrong (But I still have a hockey game in a few minutes, so there's still room for a continued fall from grace).

*shakes head*

I'm fervently hoping that this run of bad karma has run its course and that tomorrow will be a bit brighter. Even a tiny bit brighter would be great. In the meantime...

My practice today was less the result of tapas than of habit. I simply put one foot in front of the other and eventually both feet ended up on the mat. I did the Swenson short form because that's literally all I had in me.

As I moved through the series, every pose was a prayer: 'Please let things get better. Please let things get better. Please let things get better.'

For me. For you. For everyone.

Namaste.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Aw. I hope things get better for you too. M