Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Astanga

I had an early appointment this morning. I was bull-headed determined to get my practice in though, so I woke up at 5 a.m. That's not too dire, but in order to squeeze in a practice tomorrow, I'll need to be up by 4:00 a.m.

I don't know if this makes me stubborn or crazy. Probably a little bit of both! Sleep is becoming optional.

So I would like to file an Official Complaint: There are not enough hours in the day. I need more. Today was a 17 hour day with two hours of downtime. That's just enough to eat lunch, walk the dog and answer urgent emails.

How did this happen? How did my life get so busy?

Thank God I'm not practising at a shala right now. I would need to forgo sleep all together!

Despite the whirlwind, there was a Big Awesome in my practice this morning. Laghu Vajrasana. I lowered to the floor for five breaths, came back up. Three times! I'm finally getting the hang of it.

Also: Goconut. I start eating this stuff and I. Can't. Stop.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Boodiba said...

Ooooh I've never seen Goconut.... looks yummy.

ya and HOW did you get so busy???

Krishna said...

Dear Friend

I have started my own blog related to my Ashtanga Yoga Practice and related issues and the link is given below :
http://myashtangajournal.blogspot.com/
I request you to go through the same when u have time and share your comments .

Kaivalya said...

@Boodi
I don't know how I got so busy! Life! Teaching! This week, I spent two mornings in appointments which sucked up all my free time. Next week won't be so bad.

If you want some Goconut, I could send you some. A care package!! :-)

@Krishna
Thanks, I'll check out :-)