Sunday, February 28, 2010

Vinyasa

Moon Day, so I skipped my Astanga practice and opted for a nice 60 minute vinyasa sequence from Yoga Download. This is one of my favourites: Hip Opening Yoga #2, 60 minutes with Lisa.

I love this class! I’ve now tried all five versions: 20 minutes, 30 minutes, two 45 minute versions and 60 minutes. I gave four of them five star ratings (I gave the 30 minute version a ‘3’ for some reason. Maybe I was in a bad mood that day).

I’m notoriously picky so this is pretty good. I’m still waiting for things to slow down workwise, which usually happens in March. I can’t believe how full this weekend was. I hardly had time to catch my breath!

The Internet Asks: Interesting Searches in My Access Stats

This week, the Internet seemed keen to start Astanga. Many of the searches in my Keywords were related to getting started or maintaining an Astanga Vinyasa Yoga practice. For fun, I put some of these into a nice little sequence (the search terms are bold):

1) I started astanga
Good on you! Now keep it up!

2) astanga my oh my
Yeah. I know. Feels great, doesn’t it?

3) astanga exhaustion
It gets easier, I promise. Keep breathing!

4) astanga hangover
Oh, that pain in your arms and shoulders? It will fade away in about a week. I heartily recommend the ‘hair of the dog’ (more Chaturanga) as an effective remedy.

No comments: