Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Day 47

I slept very poorly last night. In fact, I woke in the middle of the night and when I couldn't go to sleep, I gave up and got up. I caught up on some work that needed to be done and ate a banana. I finally got back to sleep, but not for very long.

When I looked outside at 4:45 this morning, I realised that sunrise is getting later and later. This morning, the sun came up at 6:12. It was cloudy this morning, so the dark seemed even darker to me. My neighbourhood is pretty safe, but I don't feel comfortable going out walking in the darkness. I decided it was time to flip-flop my morning schedule: yoga first, then my walk (usually, I walk first).

This means that fifteen minutes after I awoke, I was doing yoga. I wasn't sure how this would feel, particularly given that I only slept for four hours. But it was fine. I was no stiffer than usual, though I did find that my concentration (particularly on breath) was scattered and balancing in poses was a challenge.

My walk afterward was great - It was a pleasure to be in the park at sunrise and see the rosy clouds overhead. I wish I could find a way to integrate some meditation into this schedule too, without getting up earlier. My mornings are already jam-packed and I do as much as possible to prepare the night before.

No comments: