Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day 43

Today, I started doing Ardha Baddha Padma Padottanasana with modifications that emphasized the hip opening aspects of the pose. I love this pose in its full expression so I found it really difficult to do the modified version (a standing 'rock the baby' variation). Time will tell if it helps me gain greater flexibility in my hips. Until then, I suspect my ego will have a little pity party for itself every time I do it.

I stopped doing my abdominal exercises this week, due to time constraints. On Wednesday and Thursday I didn't have time to do an evening yoga practice at all and the other days, I just felt rushed. Anyways, I could really feel it in my headstand. I couldn't come up into headstand with straight legs much of this week.

no pain - noticed yesterday but it didn't hit me until hockey

On the bright side, I felt so much better in Paschimottanasana today! My hamstrings have felt very open this week. As a result, I'm making good (and noticeable!) progress in Kurmasana and Supta Kurmasana

Oh yes, and I have a new pose to hate, now that Purvottanasana and I are cool. I now hate Supta Konasana. Something about coming into an inversion at that stage in the practice - my low back doesn't like it and I feel unstable. Yuck.

No comments: