Friday, August 3, 2007

Day 44

Nothing about my practice was good this morning. I was absolutely exhausted for a start. We're in day 3 of a horrible heatwave and I barely slept last night. I woke up feeling groggy and run down.

Still, I unrolled my mat and practised for an hour, attempting to do most of the poses of the primary series. I modified nearly every pose because I didn't have the energy to come into full postures - the only other alternative was to come into child's pose each time instead of doing vinyasa and I was pretty much doing that anyways.

Around Navasana, I finally acknowledged a losing battle and did some restorative yoga before doing Savasana and calling it a wrap.

I could blame the weather, but if I'm really honest, I think this new schedule with the contract and other things is taking a lot out of me. I probably need to rethink my 'practice schedule' in the coming week. I suspect I'll be axing my evening practice and perhaps moving my morning walk to the afternoon. I haven't meditated in a week and I would like to make some time for this in the mornings.

No comments: