Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 50

Last Friday was such a disaster that I was almost hesitant to step on the mat this morning. It's amazing what a difference a bit of sleep can make. I had a great practice! I felt very present in each pose and very energetic.

Finally got my copy of Yoga Journal in the mail the other day (it takes a bit longer to get it up here in Canada). I love that the 'master class' column is about Ardha Padma Padottanasana! (and that the theme is 'being true to yourself') I love this pose, but recent pain in my knees has taken a toll. Working from some of the suggestions in the article, I've started doing Sucirandhrasana (thread-the-needle) against the wall in place of the full pose. It will be interesting to see if this opens my hips more effectively than anything else I've tried (since nothing else has really seemed to help).

Also of note, today is Day 50, a milestone of sorts. When I get to Day 108 (that number so auspicious in the yoga tradition), I'll have to have a little party or something! ;-)

No comments: