Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Where I Shop



I shop once a week, usually Thursday or Friday. I stopped going to the big supermarkets when I realised that the bulk of my shopping was fruit and veg. Produce is much cheaper at the numerous small markets dotting my city.

So I've become a regular customer at the produce stand down the street. It's quirky and disorganised. They don't always have what I want and often the prices are not listed. But I'm always floored by how much I can buy for so little.

About once a month, I go to the health food store nearby to stock up on dry goods and essentials.

There's something to be said for this system! For a start, it's really hard to pig out on processed foods when you buy your groceries at a produce stand. My diet is better for it. Also, I feel deeply connected to my neighbourhood through this weekly shopping ritual.

(This post is part of the June photo project)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Flo said...

Envious. I wish my town had a stand like that!

Flo said...

Envious. Wish I had a place like that to shop!

sereneflavor said...

I am loving this photoposts with little tidbits of your life. :)
I will hold you in my thoughts tomorrow..