Friday, June 1, 2012

Morning

Shala North's satellite location was never intended to be a permanent thing - it always had a one month expiry.

Accordingly, last week, signs started showing up around the shala, exorting students to 'Take Your Mat Home on Thursday!'. The signs were everywhere...in the bathroom, on the doors, on the stairwells. I half-expected to find one hanging from my toe after SB adjusted me in Uttita Hasta Padangusthasana!

We remembered. On the last day, the Great Wall of Mats (nearly 30 them carefully lined up along the wall) dwindled. It didn't seem possible that one month could have passed *so* quickly, but it had. It felt just a bit surreal walking out of there for the last time.

So, it's now June, a new month and I'm moving onward to new yoga adventures...

This morning though, with no place to officially go, I took a day off. I spied my mat from the comfort of my warm bed (it's in the orange mat bag by the bookcase) and with no apologies, rolled over and went back to sleep.

It was awesome! :-D


I stumbled across this June photo project via Kath's blog and thought that it might be a good motivator to start posting here regularly again. I recently upgraded my iPad and it has a pretty decent onboard camera. I find myself snapping photos all the time now, whenever I see something interesting turn up.

My plan is to post a photo each day in June, hopefully with a few (or more than a few) words about my life, my practice, Princess Fur and what I ate for lunch.

Stick around! It'll be epic! ;-)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Boodiba said...

OMG! She took a day off for once! :) I hope you enjoyed it. There's a moon here tomorrow, but I'm hoping to take it Tues or Wed instead.

Kaivalya said...

Oh geez, the Moon Day! I totally forgot about it. I'm practising at a place that doesn't pay any attention to the moon, so I guess I'll just practice anyway. The day off was fun - and weird. I felt so lazy! lol!