Sunday, June 10, 2012

Best Bit of My Weekend

After a really trying day yesterday, I braced myself for more anxiety this morning. But Sunday was a better day.

The morning dawned sunny and bright, which was a good start. Princess Fur is still not well, but she's eating again, which is something. We both got a good night's sleep, a first in about a week.

My practice felt good and I learned some new things, which always makes me happy. I don't want to jinx myself, but I think I may hate Purvottanasna just a tiny bit less now!

I taught a outdoor yoga class, which was great fun. Then I attended the neighbourhood park barbecue, complete with a really, really horrible live band (but you had to love them for belting out those songs with gusto, even if they *were* atrocious).

Later on in the day, I wandered through a neighbourhood street festival, browsing the vendors and stumbled across a gorgeous beaded necklace with some of my favourite, vibrant colours. It's very similar to one I had seen a few years ago, but didn't buy (and I regretted that decision later). So I treated myself to the necklace, even haggled a little for a discount. I love it!

That was probably the 'best bit of my weekend', but the entire day was pretty fabulous, so I'm calling this weekend a success!




(This post is part of the June photo project)
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: