Thursday, October 1, 2009

Vinyasa

Oh yay, the first of the month. Rent day. *gulp*

If my cocyx wasn't already tucked between my legs, it would be. I had to borrow money from the dog to make rent. Yeah, the dog has her own special savings account (alas, not in her name) for emergency vet bills. It's quite a fall from grace, hitting up my miniature schnauzer up for rent money. Good thing business is picking up. I'll pay her back next week.

I'm teaching four classes again today. So far, I'm taking the shift to a busier teaching schedule in stride. In past years, I've been absolutely exhausted during the start of my fall sessions and very sore. Not this year. I think I have daily yoga practice to thank for my new endurance. Weirdly, my biceps were touchy this morning and my left latissimus dorsi was tender, but that's about it. I'm not overly tired, though I do feel a tad over-scheduled.

For yoga practice this morning, I did 5 Surya Namaskara A, 3 B, and then the 20 minute Balancing Flow #1 with Jamie from YogaDownload. I prefer Dawnelle's instruction over Jamie's - I find Jamie a bit stilted and bland. But the sequence was fun. It has most of my favourite one-leggers: Gorudasana, Ardha Chandrasana, Virabhadrasana III and the unique YogaDownload invention, 'Airplane'. I felt it all my hips.

In other news, I'm slimming back down to 'fighting weight' again. I've been more-or-less practising Calorie Restriction. The qualifier is there because I haven't been logging foods on a daily basis. Instead, I've been keeping a pretty consistent, interesting-to-me daily menu, mostly-vegan, focusing on whole foods.

Mother Hen will be delighted to know that I've reintroduced breakfast: old fashioned oatmeal with raisins, cinnamon and honey. Lunch is the main meal: a big plate of veggies, an egg white wrap on a whole wheat flax tortilla with hummus and flax lavash crackers on the side. For supper, I go light. I eat a plate of fresh fruit, dried fruit and raw nuts (usually almonds). This is enough to carry me to through to bedtime without feeling hungry.

It seems to be working. My pants are beginning to fit again. That's all I wanted.

No comments: