Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Vinyasa

I'm in denial, but I think I need to brace myself and acknowledge the coming of winter.

II'm still wearing a jean jacket over my black hoody, instead of the down coat I really need. I certainly should have worn a scarf on my walk yesterday. Instead, I ignored my cold neck. And we're definitely moving into the last few weeks of good bicycling weather - my ears were so cold yesterday they were numb by the time I rolled in the door.

This morning? Frost on the lawn.

All joking aside, I really do love this time of year. Autumn is my favourite season and I don't mind the cooler temperatures. But I do hate being cold and I'm dreading the deep freeze of winter (at the same time, looking forward to outdoor ice to skate on!)

I did a short vinyasa practice today, Detox Yoga #1, 30 minutes, with Lisa. This sequence is new to me and I liked it a lot, though I think the 'intermediate' label is inaccurate for this one. It's definitely an 'advanced intermediate' level practice.

This week, I've been following my asana practice with 20 minutes of meditation. This seems to be really working for me, though the last few days have been 'sleepy' meditation sessions. I seem to have settled into 20 minute meditation sessions. This duration feels very comfortable for me.

No comments: