Friday, September 11, 2009

Vinyasa

Up early, checked email, went for a walk, did my practice after a bit of shuffling around and procrastinating.

I did the 60 minute version of YogaDownload Core #1. Interesting, this longer version of this class is actually *less* intense than the 30 minute version, with more time spent in the poses (read: longer holds). I sweated less but worked harder. The poses were more or less the same, with some extras like Parivritta Trikonasana and Prasarita Padottanasana C. The seated abdominal sequence was repeated a second time. I'm going to make a prediction: the 45 minute version of this class will provide the perfect 'middle way' between these two extremes and it will prove my favourite.

I'm feeling dull and sleepy today, just a bit moody. I didn't really have 'fun' in my practice today, but it wasn't the postures or sequence, it was definitely just me.

On my way to the grocery store earlier, I was mulling it over, trying to figure out why I'm so *tired*. Then I realised: I'm teaching. A lot. Right. So it's an adjustment.

Also: Gray, cool weather almost always puts me in a more mellow mood. Not in a bad way - it's a great day to sit by the window and read a book. And maybe take a nap.

1 comment:

Arturo said...

hi Kai
uhm, she looks like she found out her husband is having an affair. i can't remember the movie or the actors, or i'd be leaving those digital traces too. she started going out with the gardener after that...