Thursday, September 17, 2009

Vinyasa

Everything has been going so well lately! Sleeping well, waking happy, feeling strong, balanced, well-grounded. I've been content and at ease with my life. Practice is good, the dog is good, my classes are good, and plentiful. Money is rolling in (finally). I'm reading and learning and listening to music and making music and doing all of my favourite things.

And you know what that means.

It's time for life to bitch-slap me around a little bit.

*sigh*

Last night was challenging. This morning, I woke unhappy and agitated after a night of BAD dreams, feeling weak, off-kilter. I silently raged against the routines of my life, feeling anything but ease.

And you know what that means.

Time to draw upon all those inner reserves I spend so much time cultivating and just get on with it! So that's what I did.

I splashed cold water on my face and took the dog for a walk. I decided to do a shorter practice today. I chose the lunchtime sequence I enjoyed so much last week (Lunchtime Flow #1 with Dawnelle, 30 minutes). It felt so good to escape from my mind into my body and breath. I followed up with 9 rounds of Nadi Shodanam pranayama.

I haven't meditated yet today. I'm saving my meditation for later in the evening to calm my mind down before sleep.

As luck would have it, I'm teaching a lot today. I'm putting on a 'happy face' and reminding myself of my commitment to offer my very best self to students.

I'll get through this day. And this too shall pass. It always does.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Doesn't life often go like that. Glad you have cultivated your inner reserves and that you have the fortitude to move ahead. Let's hope tomorrow is better.

susananda said...

Ah, I had a day like that recently, out of the blue. Glad you're making up your mind to be happy, I'm sure it will pass soon...