Monday, April 27, 2009

Astanga

Welcome to Episode II, in which our heroine drags her aching body back onto the mat for another round of Beryl Bender Birch.

It should be noted that I opted out of Banana Pancakes in order to do my practice this morning. I was definitely tempted, but I knew that I wouldn't get through an hour-and-a-half of Beryl Bender Birch with a belly full of pancake. I'm still in awe of my resolve. I went for a long walk instead. Then I hit the mat.

So , yes, I'm sore. Very, very sore. I don't remember *ever* being this sore restarting full Primary, but I also never imagined that I would be doing so much of my practice again, this soon. Today, despite my achy Trapezius, I managed to bind to wrist in Marichyasana C, bind to fingers in Marichyasana D and I was able to bind in Supta Kurmasana.

I felt like a Celestial Magician just waved a wand over my head!

(Note to Self, for the next time I can't bind in Supta K: get those shoulders behind the knees! Further! Further still! Hold them there during Kurmasana. NOW try to bind! Yeah, you got it!)

After practice, I felt very woozy and light, like my body was filled with helium and a bit off-kilter. This feeling followed me all day. I felt like I might float away. By evening I was feeling 'grounded' again, but it was a little weird.

And I've been exhausted all day. I would have liked to take a nap after my practice or maybe walked to the park to enjoy the gorgeous weather (the high was 27C!). Alas, there were things I needed to do. I worked on a contract all afternoon, then came home and walked the dog.

Then there was the stuff that I *wanted* to do. I spent the evening with a big salad and a burrito from Burrito Bandidos (*heart*), cherry cheesecake and, *ahem*, a bottle of wine. Fun way to end the day!

No comments: