Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Astanga

Today was a bit better. It doesn't help at all that we're having what amounts to February weather in April. Yesterday, the temperature with wind chill was -9. This morning, I decided to take the dog for a long walk but we turned around after a few minutes because it was too cold.

Faced with a lack of inspiration on the mat, I turned on the heater and did my modified Primary. It was a relief to move through the familiar poses.

After that, I curled up on the futon with a book and didn't move until it was time to catch the train to my evening yoga classes. The book was amazing - I couldn't put it down. I'm going through a Mormon Polygamy reading phase.

So far, I've tackled 'Under the Banner of Heaven' by John Krakauer, 'Stolen Innocence' by Elissa Wall and 'Keep Sweet' by Debbie Palmer. Next up is 'Daughter of the Saints' by Dorothy Solomon. Then I may well be tapped out on that particular subject but I'm open to suggestions.

Actually, I love riveting non-fiction of any kind. If you have a favourite you'd like to recommend, drop me a line in the comments.

No comments: