Thursday, April 30, 2009

Restorative

I spent an hour on the mat today doing restorative yoga, guided by Teacher H's restorative yoga CD. It felt like a long yoga vacation - very relaxing and soothing. At the same time, I didn't feel like I was *really* practising. When I got up from the mat, I felt like I had missed something. This isn't always the case - there are times when I have a great appreciation for a restorative practice. At the moment, though, I seem to be in more of an 'active mode' in my approach to yoga practice.

In the new configuration of my apartment, I no longer have a large swatch of wall space for Viparita Karani. So I moved the futon away from the wall, swept up the dust and did my practice there. It worked like a charm. I'm continuing to find things to love about the new layout. This morning, I woke up and opened my eyes to a pink sky. The futon faces the windows, which gives me a sweeping view of the city skyline if I'm sitting up, and of the sky if I'm laying down.

No comments: