Friday, April 17, 2009

Hatha

I'm glad I did my practice (a half-hour of Hatha yoga) in the morning because by early afternoon, I was completely out of commission. I went out for lunch at my favourite sushi restaurant for my birthday yesterday. This morning, I was feeling groggy and unwell, but the food poisoning didn't hit me until after I returned home from my noon class.

I thought I was going to die. I never imagined I would die in my bathroom. Ug.

You may remember that late last summer, I was terribly ill with a horrible gastro-intestinal thing. This felt exactly like *that* and I was terrified that I had been struck down yet again (that plague had me on bed rest for weeks after a hospital stay). I spent the afternoon curled up in a fetal position wondering if life was actually worth living.

Fortunately, I'm on the mend now, though still feeling shaky. I had some soup and gingerale and so far I'm keeping it down. Pray for me - I teach again noon tomorrow!

No comments: