Thursday, April 9, 2009

Astanga

I had a great practice today, the best since before the conference. I felt energetic and fully present on my mat. My classes went great as well. Come to think of it, I've been in a daze all week. I feel like I've been in a kind of fog that just lifted.

All of my students were giddy with joy about the holiday weekend. I grew up in the States, so it's still difficult for me to get used to the fuss that's made of Easter in Canada. Easter is a four-day weekend here. Good Friday is a holiday, Sunday is a holiday and Monday is too. Too bad the weather hasn't warmed up at all. It's sunny, but still unseasonably cool. The daffodils aren't even out yet.

In celebration of the holiday, I bought a bag of those malted 'robin eggs' as a treat. They last less than a day - I just polished them off. Not being Christian, Easter is just an excuse to eat chocolate. And be lazy - I'm looking forward to four days of lazy.

No comments: