Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hatha

This was one of those days that slipped away from me. Before I knew it, I was packing my bag to go teach my evening classes without having accomplished anything I was hoping to.

The good: Banana pancakes at my favourite café. Long walk with the dog.

The 'eh-whatever': The rest of the day, in which I did pretty much nothing.

My yoga practice was 15 minutes on the mat, trying to figure it all out (I didn't). Today was not a great day for making decisions. I did a few Hatha-style sun salutations, a few standing poses, spent too much time in my forward bends because I was tired.

It all felt very forced. It happens sometimes. Usually on a day like today, I wouldn't have practised at all. Instead, I'm on the mat with all my baggage and lethargy and indecision. So this is what yoga on a 'bad day' looks like.

No comments: