Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Astanga

I did a late morning practice today because I was on a late schedule; didn’t wake up until after 8. Then I made some tea, and decided that post-tea would be a good time to take the dog for a walk, then I talked on the phone for a while.

By the time I finally hit the mat, the tone for my practice was already set: lots of distractions. I was distracted by my computer, the snow falling outside my windows, my bladder (all that tea!), the dog (so cute). But also: my teaching schedule, my decluttering project, my to-do list.

At some point during the seated poses, I told my mind to shut up and suddenly noticed how quiet my apartment actually is on a winter morning. I felt a deep sense of peace descend.

Still doing full Primary, Janu Sirsasana C was my only skipped pose. I’m feeling stronger! Urdhva Dhanurasana felt lighter. And for the first time this week, I found ease and enjoyment in shoulderstand.

I’m down to the nitty gritty of my decluttering project. I sorted through my jewelry today. That was a bit sad because I have so many pretty pieces (and sentimental ones), but all I seem to wear are my Superhero necklaces. Anything else just gets in the way when I’m teaching.

I’ve finished organising the last kitchen cabinet which leaves only one more task: the dreaded, scary storage space under the kitchen sink. I’m saving that one for Friday.

No comments: