Saturday, January 2, 2010

Astanga

I’m so disoriented! For some reason, today feels like Monday. But yesterday felt like Saturday. I was so worried that I would wake up and completely forget that I teach at noon today, so last night I wrote the date and “Noon class!” on a yellow sticky note. I posted it to my computer so I would see it first thing in the morning.

I keep looking at it and thinking, ‘Whoa! It’s Saturday?”

I set my alarm for 6 a.m. this morning and resolved to wake at that time no matter how I felt about it (it did NOT feel good). I had trouble getting to sleep last night and that’s a sure sign that I’m sleeping too much and I’m completely out of my routine. It will take a few days to get it back, but I’ll adjust. This week is going to be so intense! I’m back to my full teaching schedule, doing WoYoPracMo, plus the weather has taken a turn for the worse and it’s bitterly cold. By next weekend, I guarantee it will *really* feel like a Saturday and I’ll be ready for it!

I practised my full Primary this morning from 7-8:30. I lit a candle and practised in near darkness until the sun came up. For some reason, I really enjoy doing that and it makes the practice slide by so smoothly, almost as if I’m doing it in a dream state.

I’m so far away from binding in Supta K right now, it’s actually funny. I know it will come back eventually but it feels so odd not to bind, like I borrowed someone else’s stiff, gummy body.

Another thing I’ve noticed: around Christmas, my left hip was really bothering me and I was experiencing some tenderness in my low back/sacrum area. The lower back pain has disappeared completely and the hip is feeling a bit better too. Practice and all is coming...and some is going away!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

I am completely disoriented too... my boyfriend just asked me if I was going to yoga tomorrow and for some reason in my mind I thought I was on an indefinite vacation, but nope! it is Sunday and there is no moon or anything to stop me... so I had to answer yes, even though I could not believe it...

happy new year