Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Astanga

Adding three poses into my Short Form sequence has revitalised it more than I thought possible. To be honest, I wasn't even aware that I was bored with the short form, but I look forward to each of my +3 poses with eagerness. Bhujapindasana, in particular, I'm really enjoying.

This is a bit of an epiphany for me, in regards to the Mysore method. Although I'm certainly not following it, I can better understand it. It makes me wonder if I should continue to add in 'new' poses every couple of weeks until my Primary Series is 'full' again. It's certainly a fun way to build a practice.

And my practice today was fun. That seems to be the theme of the week. This is my last 'slow' week until June. My full schedule of classes kicks in next week (and thank God, I'm skimming the dregs of my chequeing account right now). I've been doing work around the apartment, catching up on finances, submitted my tax materials to the accountant and reading book after book.

I had my fourth guitar lesson on Monday. I don't feel like I'm making a lot of progress, but I'm sure I probably am. It's all incremental and I can't hear the changes because they happen so gradually.

No comments: