Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Day 31

Lots and lots of modifications today because my lowback and sacroiliac joint are feeling very sensitive. I removed all inversions from the practice, opting to come into poses like Urdva Mukha Paschimottanasana from a seated position. I substituted Supta Baddha Konasana for Marichyasana D and during the closing sequence, I did Viparita Karani.

It's hard to tell how much of this pain is due to the medical treatement I'm undergoing (medication) and how much of it is related to my upcoming Ladies Holiday. I think my body is just aggravated in general.

I also experienced a deep sense of fatigue during my practice today, at one point I wasn't sure I would be able to finish. I frequently wanted to curl into Child's Pose and I felt sleepy. Later on in the afternoon, I even took a nap.

I think it's time for a day of rest!

No comments: