Sunday, July 1, 2007

Day 15

Early, early practice this morning - I started at 6:45 after an hour-long walk. It's very cool out this morning and I had a lot of trouble building up heat. I managed to start sweating in Surya Namaskara B, but cooled off as I moved into standing poses. I think part of my problem is that I was not very focused on my Ujayi breath.

I was also very distracted this morning, took many potty breaks and skipped a few of the more difficult poses.

Jumpthroughs were not happening right away, but I got into them after awhile (then gave up completely about half-way through primary series).

Backbends were not happening at all. My back was so cranky, that I skipped a few poses that tend to aggravate it (Ubaya Padangusthasana).

I literally cheered when I finally got to Sirsasana - it felt like an inverted child's pose and half-bend is finally feeling stable to me.

When I have a 'bad' Sadhana like this, I have to remind myself that at least I'm on the mat, *doing* the practice. At least I didn't give up.

No comments: