Friday, July 6, 2007

Day 19

I went to get my bloodwork done at the doctor's office this morning, so I didn't get to my practice until the afternoon. I had a really, really hard time motivating myself to practice today, kept getting pulled into other stuff (notably, the Internet *ahem*).

I was very distracted during the practice itself - totally lost that sense of flow and focus that came so easily to me yesterday. The practice seemed endless and I could feel the edge of impatience tickling the edge of my consciousness.

My back felt really cranky in Paschimottanasana, particularly my sacrum. I worked on alignment and tried not to worry about coming in deep. But Janu Sirsasana felt great and I could kiss my shin in that pose. What gives? I do know that my right side is tighter than my left in Janu Sirsasana.

I viewed some images of the variations of Marichyasana online today and realised that I was grabbing my wrist wrong. Today, I corrected that and like magic, I was able to grab my wrist in Marichyasana B on both sides! A, B down, C and D to go! (yeah, like D is ever going to happen *eye roll*)

Oh, Urdhva Padmasana, why do you vex me so? This looks so easy, so why is it so difficult and unstable for me? I have yet to nail it. Today, I tried bringing one leg into a kind of Halasana, and supporting the other leg in an Ardha Pasmasana with my arm. Try to do both and I tumble. Ditto for Pindasana.

It's worth noting that while I can do lotus, my left knee needs so support because it doesn't come to the floor and I can't fold into lotus from inverted posed. I also can't bind to come into Baddha Padmasana. For Tolasana, I've continued to use blocks.

No comments: