Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Restorative

My Lady's hit me this morning like a tonne of bricks and I've been absolutely miserable all day. This time, it's been a double-whammy: I'm in emotional lockdown, as well as being doubled over with pain. Fortunately, I was able to rest in the afternoon, read a book and drink hot tea. Some chocolate therapy was involved ;-)

I really didn't around to practising until the evening. I wasn't very inspired (and completely unmotivated to dig out my Yin Yoga DVD) so I did some restorative: Supta Baddha Konasana, supine backbend laying over blocks, a (bolster) supported Yin Frog Pose and finally, some massage on the Acuball. Yummy!

The supported Yin Frog is fast becoming my favourite 'comfort pose'. There's something about it that is deeply nurturing and gentle, but I couldn't put my finger on it until tonight.

The pose looks like this:

The pose FEELS like this:


I could almost imagine the giant,warm adult hand that was going to descend at any moment and start rubbing my little back. Ahhhhh!

No comments: