Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Astanga

The bad thing about a short-term contract is if it's *really* wonderful, then it's sad to leave at the end. On the other hand...

Rough day. Long commute. *grump*

To be honest, I was so tired when I walked in the door, I had no idea how I would get through a practice. My entire body felt like one big knot. But I once I unrolled my mat and got started, I felt this wave of relief wash over me. I could literally feel the stress dissipating. I felt like I was reclaiming my real body. By the time I was through the standing poses, I felt great.

The 'bliss meter' was way up there.

I practised full Primary with no extras (read: hip openers and extra backbends). I was binding everything there was to bind. Halasana was mindblowing, it was so easy and felt so natural. I experienced a rare *comfortable* Supta K, ease-y backbends, light and balanced Sirsasana (I'm running out of adjectives here.

Good thing I had a good practice, because the rest of my day sucked. Friday? Soon?



(My new theme song; it's an inside joke)

No comments: