Monday, June 29, 2009

Hatha

I had another napping marathon this afternoon. This cold is taking a lot out of me and I just want it to be over. I don't like resting, but rest I did. I had a thoroughly boring day, but my body is healing, I hope.

I did a 30 minute Hatha practice in the evening - a series of standing poses and a few floor poses. My head was aching, but it felt good to be on the mat.

There are some changes on the horizon. I'm almost afraid to get too attached to any routine, because it's sure to shift very soon. Until I'm over the cold, I’m putting the nix on morning practices, but I'm hoping that I'll feel well enough tomorrrow to return to my Astanga practice in the afternoon.

Today's verse from the Bhagavad Gita (translation from Santosha.com):

"One who has control over the mind
Is tranquil in heat and cold,
In pleasure and pain, and in honor and dishonor;
And is ever steadfast with the Supreme Self. "

And in wet and dry. It's going to pour tomorrow and I'll be walking around in the weather all morning. Good times.

No comments: