Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vinyasa

My Lady's Holiday arrived in full force this morning, with perfectly bad timing too. I'm generally not a big party-er, but last night, I was out until 2 a.m. and...ahem...I was drinking (I'm a big fan of those Smirnoff Ice things and sour apple martinis...girly drinks). I don't drink often so I was staggering around and acting all cute after two drinks. Argh.

This morning, I didn't feel hung over exactly, but definitely off-kilter. I was up early because I *gulp* went to teach a 10 a.m. class. At 7, I took my mat out on the balcony and did a 30 minute vinyasa practice in the fresh, cool air. Basically, some sun salutations and whatever parts of Swenson's short form my poor, achy brain could conjure up. No inversions, short Savasana because I really wanted to go back to sleep.

It woke me up, though and it felt good.

Today: Fun, friends, sun, crowds, laughter, music, food I shouldn't be eating (it's pretty bad when Pizza Pizza feels like the *healthy* choice). Also, buttless chaps and drag queens who dress better than I do on my best day.

Tomorrow: More of the same!

1 comment:

shinyyoga said...

ahhhhh I can just feel the breeze of your outdoor practice this morning.. what a perfect start to the day, foggy head or not : )

x