Friday, May 16, 2008

Day 256

Thursdays are often difficult for me because of my busy teaching schedule on Wednesday (5 classes, I really need to reschedule some of these, yikes). But yesterday, while difficult, was nothing compared to today. After waking and doing a few miscellaneous chores, I unrolled the mat practised as best I could because I'm absolutely sure that if I waited until later, I would not have done it at all.

I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm sore. Yesterday in my youth class, I was messing around in Yoga Nidrasana and parts of my body do not like that pose at all - mainly my right trapezius muscle and my left lumbar erector muscles. Ouch.

Did I mention I'm tired?

I'm distracted. Very distracted.

So I did a heavily modified practice, even skipping vinyasa a few times between sides. I completely skipped Bujipindasana/Kurmasana/Supta Kurmasana/Garba Pindasana and I modified with bent knees in all of the forward bends. I skipped the backbends.

For closing, I did Viparita Karani. As illustrated below, with Miniature Schnauzer prop!

SchnauzerAsana

No comments: