Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Day 247

I came *this* close to not honouring the Moon Day yesterday, but decided that I should take the break even though I really wanted to practice. Predictably, I totally didn't feel like practising this morning.

I was so distracted! Fussing with my mat, my clothes, the computer, getting up to use the washroom, petting the dog, sitting on my mat and daydreaming. I probably should have used a DVD for my practice this morning and I probably will tomorrow. But sheesh! What's up with me, anyway?

And no, it's not what you're thinking. :-D I was just plain, garden-variety distracted.

I narrowly managed to get through the Primary poses. It took me two hours with all of my foolishness mixed in. I skipped closing and took a long Savasana.

Handstands were great this morning and my wrist feels fine!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, we all have these kind of days....just fooling around instead of just doing the practice...tomorrow is a new day with new possibilities!

Anonymous said...

Happy (Belated) Birthday to you! I missed it because I was on vacation (and no access to internet). With best wishes for a healthy and happy year!

Kaivalya said...

Yogini: Thanks for offering that - and you're absolutely right, *and* I think I needed to hear it. It's nice to remember that I'm not alone in my distractedness! :-)

Rachelle: Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It kind of ended up being a 'Birthmonth' so you're not too late!