Monday, February 18, 2008

Day 192

Practice interruptus this morning, due to camping.

Yes, you read that correctly: camping. Reservation for camping spaces in the Ontario Parks System starts five months prior to the date. It's a good idea to be on top of things, because the spaces fill up quickly. My über-organised friend M, who usually takes care of this, moved to Vancouver in the fall. Since I'm the only other über-organised person in my circle, I assumed that it was up to me! (and I was correct; no one else even thought of it).

I did my practice up to Urdhva Dhanurasana, then sat down at the computer and logged into the online reservation system. I didn't get the campsite I wanted because it was already taken by someone who reserved it for a day earlier (I was a bit disappointed because that one has a particularly great set of trees for my hammock).

But I did get my second choice by literally hitting refresh over and over again at 7 a.m. sharp. This site is close to the showers, very close to the washroom and close enough to the 'party site' to be fun, but not so close as to be noisy. Now, I can't wait until July! Early morning practice on the beach, anyone? ;-)

It's amazing how a short break can affect my momentum in my practice, though. Closing sequence felt a bit lacklustre.

Musical Sirsasana was the last two minutes of 'DJ Play My Song' by Jully Black.

Savasana? Very half-hearted. I was feeling impatient and wanted to get on with my day!

No comments: