Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Day 188

Sometimes, I'm just TIRED. Last night after supper (around 7), I was doing some writing on my computer and I felt a bit weary. The dog was curled up next to me, so I laid down next to her to take a break. The next thing I knew, it was midnight. So I went to bed and slept until 7 this morning! I can't believe I slept that long! I slept through a big snowstorm. There's 20 cm of snow on the ground this morning.

I had a very mediocre practice. I was feeling very stiff and sore and sluggish. There's a huge difference between a 'mediocre' practice these days and six months ago. Now, I do the full Primary Series, I bind in every pose (most of the time) and work on all the stuff I usually work on. I just do it more slowly and deliberately and my practice sometimes takes me a bit longer.

Handstands were horribly difficult yesterday and I had a mental battle with myself this morning, but they were actually fantastic. I think there's a good bit of muscle memory involved in jumping into a handstand because sometimes my body just 'remembers' and I'm fine. If I overthink the whole process, that's where I get myself in trouble.

Headstand was fabulous, strong and stable today: 'My Immortal' by Evanescence, 4 minutes, 32 seconds

Two classes today, but I have the evening off! The space I teach in wasn't available, so we're adding a makeup class and I get a rare mid-week evening off. This will be nice, particularly with the weather.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed you are also on Twitter, and from there I saw "karmadiaries". Is that you too? Are you to be found elsewhere?
What's the difference of all these different places ... ? I like your blog (blogs?)

Kaivalya said...

Yes, that's me on Twitter. I blog about yoga here, but I also have a personal blog, a live journal, a Flickr account and I'm even on Facebook (under my real name) and reluctantly on MySpace (mostly to keep in touch with Indie musicians I like to follow). This blog is completely public and specific to yoga. I write about a variety of topics on my other 'web spaces and some of those are restricted to friends and family.

Michelle said...

I used to think that Kaivalya was your real name until I looked up the meaning of it. Now I am so curious what your real name is. First name only of course.