Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Day 72

I woke up feeling miserable yesterday - splitting headache, groggy. I went back to bed. When I woke again, I decided to honour the moon day. I wasn't feeling well at all. I usually scoff at the moon days, but today (coincidence?) I felt heavy and tired.

After concluding on Monday that the whole 'yoga-in-the-afternoon' thing wasn't working for me, I was all ready to get an early start today. I set my alarm for 6 a.m., only to awake and discover that it's absolutely pitch black out. So I pushed snooze for an hour and got up at 7. Eventually, I'm going to have to accept the fact that I can't always walk before I do yoga. As winter rolls in, the mornings are only going to get darker.

But this morning I walked, then practised yoga for an hour and a half - full Primary Series (with various modifications and tweaks). Today was not a good day for shoulderstand at all and my back was achy. Today was a great day for standing poses. I had a sweatier practice than I've had in recent weeks.

Overall, I felt more distracted than usual. When I get in these moods, I can spend the entire five-breath duration of a pose just studying my toes. *sigh* I'm going to blame it on PMS.

No comments: