Friday, January 20, 2012

Schedule Hoarder

I realised something today, as I was knashing my teeth over feeling so overwhelmed and so overscheduled: I'm overwhelmed and overscheduled. Epiphany, I know.

The thing is, this stuff just sneaks up on you. You add one thing, and then another, and still another. You think that it's a good idea to be social, building community is golden, participating in activism of some kind seems like a civic responsibility in this day and age, volunteer work feels virtuous and what about seeing friends?

I'm pretty good about keeping the physical clutter out of my space. What I seem to be accumulating is obligations and they're slowly taking over my life. Since there isn't a lot of space in my life to start with, the main activity being pushed out is good ol' sleep.

I'm exhausted and cranky. My afternoon nap (necessary after only 5 hours of sleep last night) was interrupted by a phone call from one of my cluttery obligations.

Clearly, it's time to declutter. I'm starting tomorrow.



A return to 'Princess Fur Friday' - this shot is from the summer. Happy days of sun-soaked afternoons. I miss them too!!!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Flutter said...

I love a good de-clutter nothing like it