Friday, January 13, 2012

Affordable Sequined Blugg

Whenever I'm feeling a bit down, I know I can always turn to my comment moderation page for a quick lift. Today's bit of inspiration: "Discount Glitter Uh-gs give us a better life" (I've deliberately mispellt the name of the boot to foil the Google-bots - last thing I need is a slew of fugly boot referrals).


Now, I don't know about you, but I'm always up for something that gives me a better life. It's difficult to imagine anything more atrocious than the plain old garden-variety Uh-gs, but Glitter Uh-gs? That's a new twist! And Discount Glitter Uh-gs? Now you've got my attention!


Not that I'm going to post a spammy pseudo comment on my blog or anything. In fact, I changed the name of the product so I wouldn't give 'George Orwell' (*eyeroll*) any free publicity. But gee, George, thanks for playing!


Next...


If bodies were cars and Yoga was an 18-wheeler, it would be a 50-car pileup out there. Yoga is *still* 'Wrecking Your Body'. And everyone has something to say about it, too! Now we've got some of the stragglers weighing in: The guess-I'd-better-go-ahead-and-edit-this-video crowd, the 'I-wasn't-going-to-write-about-this-but-I-guess-I-will' crowd, and the 'this-will-be-great-fodder-for-my-newsletter crowd.


It's been a lot of fun compiling these. Maybe when it's finished (will it ever be finished?!), I'll create a master list, sort of like those aeriel photos of highway pileups you see on the news. Somebody call a tow truck!


One blogger suggested that the NYT article was intentionally controversial in order to stir the pot and promote the book. But the funny thing is, I can't remember the of that book or the author - all that leaps to mind is that somebody wrote a stupid article, everyone is talking about it, and Eddie Stern is The Awesome.


Oh yeah, and that guy in Virasana, chanting for world peace. I'll never forget that...


Anyway, here are a few more contenders:


Leslie Kaminoff: Video Clip

Morning Mysore: Why Fearing?

YogaSpy: Tell Me About Pain...

Dashama: Is Yoga Safe?




Doggs? D'uggs?!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

sereneflavor said...

" these boots are made for walkin,..." but what I really want to know Is what Princess fur's reaction to the vitamin motor was.

Kaivalya said...

@serene
Fur completely ignores the Vitamix motor. This isn't my first foray into smoothies (I started with a 'Magic Bullet' mixer and used it for years) so perhaps she's used to that. Or maybe she's just saving her terror for more important noises, like fireworks that are several miles away and passing thunderstorms. I'll never understand my dog's phobias, never! *shakeshead*