Sunday, January 29, 2012

Keep Climbing

I don't even know what to say about a day like today. Sunday is usually my day off, but I had a few errands to run. After practice, I went to my favourite Sushi restaurant for the lunch special. So far, so good.

Then I headed over to the main library to use their Wifi. I had some work to do on a website that I absolutely should not have gotten involved with. This work lasted all afternoon. It was infuriating. I saw my only day off disappear into a black hole of HTML and Wordpress Widget configuration. I was knashing my teeth.

I knew it was a Bad Idea when I said yes, but now I'm stuck with it, having made the committment. I'm trying to keep my role in this very minimal, as in: "Here's your website and here's the admin password. Have fun."

Clearly, I need more practice saying "No." And I'll get a chance to do that next week when the website committee once again tries to pull me into yet another meeting.

"No!" "No!" "No!" (I'm practising!)

The coming week is going to be so busy. I'm trying not to think too much about it. From the perspective of Sunday evening, it feels like an endless staircase, disappearing into the clouds. It will never end.

But it will. It will end on Saturday afternoon. I can do this! I can do this!

NoNoNoNoNoNo!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Laura said...

websites. I never got into doing them for these very reasons. they are hard to actual declare 'done'. Keep practicing no! no! no!