Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Day 295

Yesterday, I overslept a bit because I just couldn't peel myself out of bed. As a result, I was in a rush and I hate being rushed. That thought was enough to get me out of bed this morning quickly and without complaint - I value my morning routine. Right now, my wake-up call is 4:30 a.m. This gives me time to practice, take the dog for a long walk, get cleaned up, eat a leisurely breakfast and get out the door in plenty of time to bike to the pick-up point for the express shuttle.

I'm working at a location north of the city, but there's a shuttle bus that picks up from a downtown satellite office. They have bike racks in a secure area - important because bikes are often stolen in my city. It's a 15 minutes ride to the pick-up point and another 20 on the shuttle. Not too bad, and I can read (or sleep) on the way. I wonder how I'll feel about it in two months?

Practice has been good - really good, considering the big life adjustment I'm making right now. The apartment is dark at that hour of the morning, so I practice by candlelight. I'm gradually adding poses back into the short form I'm working on. A few days ago, I added the revolved standing poses. My balance is really lousy before dawn! ;-) Tomorrow, Prasarita Padottanasana B will reappear. Slowly, but surely.

I need to get more sleep, though. I'm falling asleep at the keyboard and it's only 7:21 p.m.!

No comments: