Monday, July 14, 2008

Day 294

Up early. Peeled myself reluctantly from my comfy bed. Dark apartment, lit candles and did my practice. Walked the dog. Breakfast eaten while watching Joe The Crane Operator carefully climb up five levels of ladders to his control pod. Public transit to my new job assignment because I didn't yet have an I.D. for the shuttle. Hot, crowded.

New assignment: I was told that I would be floater and start training on reception. But I wasn't there three hours before I was promoted to a higher level administrative position. By the end of the day, I had my own large office with a beautiful view of a nature preserve and a quiet, unpretentious gentleman as my new boss. Wonders never cease. I don't know how I luck out like this, but I do. I wish this synchronicity would carry over into my love life.

Going from all-the-time-in-the-world to no-time-to-think will be an interesting adjustment. The time crunch is tremendous!

But I'm liking it so far.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. I've just gotten into Ashtanga myself. I started in June of this year, but I'm still struggling to get a daily practice together and still make it to work on time everyday. I've only been successful at practicing about 3 times a week so far. :( Thanks for sharing your experiences, it helps me to know that I'm not alone in my struggles and that there's new love for this tradition even from someone who's been doing other forms for so many years.

I hope your shoulder gets better and your job works out great!

Yogamum said...

Are you frickin' kidding me? A promotion already? You rock!