Saturday, March 6, 2010

Hatha

Today was a well-earned light yoga day. I’m finding that when I’m working this hard during the week, I need the recovery day, so I took it.

I’m glad I backed off from the lift-ups and Navasana yesterday. The pain my right hip flexor is almost gone! I can even hold my leg up (à la Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana) if the knee is bent. To be completely honest, I’m relieved. I wasn’t sure what was going on, but I’m glad it was just a sore muscle and nothing more serious.

As if to taunt me, as soon as that pain went away, another emerged. I’ve had this off-and-on cramping sensation around my left rhomboid for the past year-and-a-bit. Yesterday evening, I noticed the very SAME pain, except it was in my right rhomboid.

‘Same shit, different shoulder blade.’ It was *very* disorienting, actually.

Looks like the ‘Month of Tapas’ is going to beat me up a bit. That’s okay. I wanted this month to be about pushing my practice to a different level. If I’m a tiny bit sore, I’m moving in that direction.

But, back to Saturday sloth...This morning, I meditated for 15 minutes, took a VERY hot bath, did 15 minutes of Erich Schiffman shoulder openers, 15 minutes on the Accuball. And that’s it. I had some notion of doing a longer practice in the evening, but it never happened. I ate a burrito instead.

My shoulder is feeling better! But now my *left* hip flexor is cramping up again. Good times!

I wasn’t sure what my backbend would look like this week. I wasn’t really focusing on Urdhva Dhanurasana this week. But I wanted to debut my new futon cover, officially.

So here it is:


I compared this photo to last week’s and it looks like my belly button is a tad ‘taller’. Hm...onward!

1 comment:

Claudia said...

both the futon and u.d. look wonderful!