Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Restorative Yoga, Twists and Hips

WoYoPracMo, Day 14.

Lady's holiday started yesterday evening, so I'm opting for restorative yoga for the next few days. My teacher H put together a lovely restorative yoga CD last year. I bought it and even added a black bolster to my collection of yoga gear, then I proceeded to never use it again. That's really a shame because it's a total bliss-out experience. Post-365, I'd like to integrate more restorative yoga into my daily yoga practice.

Today, I did the twists and hip-opening portion of the programme, along with a few sun salutations and a gentle neck sequence for my hockey injury. In total, I was on the mat for a little over a half-hour.

I generally don't feel like I'm over-exerting myself when I'm practising restorative, but today it was painful to lay down because of the soreness in my neck and abs - I kind of lowered myself to the floor and rolled over into position. Once I was there, it was delightful and I enjoyed every minute of it.

No comments: