Friday, January 16, 2009

Restorative Yoga

WoYoPracMo, Day 16.

Last night, as I was riding the subway home from my late, late Thursday night class, the lights on the train flickered off, then on, then off, then on again. In the next station, half the lights were off. As we proceeded cautiously from station to station, I grew concerned. Was it a Transit related problem? A power outage? A 'medical emergency'? (the common transit euphemism for 'someone jumped in front of a train').

Finally, the operator offered an update: it was a power outage. I didn't realise the extent of the outage until I got home. Fortunately, my apartment building was one block east of the affected area. From my high balcony, I could see a dark hole in the city, where the lights usually shine.

Today, I did a restorative practice that was a combination of Astanga floor poses without the vinyasa and some of the twists I did on Wednesday. I think I was on the mat for about a half hour this morning. Then I went down to Kensington Market (where there was full power) for lunch and a bit of shopping (sometime soon, I'll be posting an exciting entry about my new sprout grower!).

No comments: