Sunday, January 11, 2009

Restorative

WoYoPracMo, Day 11.

It's sort of a Moon Day today. Okay, it really *is* a Moon Day today, or at least my calendar is telling me it is. Under normal cirucmstances, I wouldn't be practising at all, but in the midst of WoYoPracMo, I needed to do something, so I did a gentle restorative yoga practice.

I started with a long hold in downward dog, then did child's pose, followed by some seated forward bends. Then I did some supine poses with long holds.

It was too relaxing to be a real yoga practice. Even meditation is much harder than this. I felt like I was cheating.

Worse, I did this gentle restorative practice as I was watching the Golden Globes in the living room. Slumdog Millionaire won at least two awards while I was in Supta Baddha Konasana.

I'm developing a Television Yoga habit. I'm not sure if I should concerned about this. ;-)

2 comments:

Yogamum said...

Hey, there's no rule that it has to be hard to be "real" yoga!!!

Kaivalya said...

Good to know. No guilt, so I can take it easy tomorrow during my Lady's Hols. :-)