Monday, January 26, 2009

Astanga

WoYoPracMo, Day 26.

I went skating today on the natural rink in my neighbourhood park. I don't remember using the park rink much last year. The weather was very wonky, with periods of warmish weather and rain and I guess the ice never took. This year, we've been 'blessed' with a long stretch of much colder weather.

The rink was flooded for the first time last week, but I didn't get around to skating on it until this past weekend. It's really nice to have a rink nearby and even better to be able to skate with my stick and puck. It gives me the chance to practice stick handling while skating. It was such a gorgeous day to be outside. It was very cold (-10C), but bright and sunny. I soaked up the sunshine and fresh air and felt a little less stir-crazy after.

It's been a few days since I did anything Astanga, so this evening I did the Swenson short form of the primary series. I have to admit, the short form is starting to feel too easy. I should really be doing a half-primary instead and I'll probably opt to do that next time. I really love that short form, though. It's compact and flowing and it hits all the bases.

No comments: