Thursday, December 2, 2010

Astanga

The Good: Ten hours of sleep. TEN! My mid-day class cancelled, so I slept in. Till 7:30 a.m.!!! It was heavenly.

The Bad: My practice. Nearly everything about it. Today, I sunk to a new low, not only skipping backbends, but opting out of Sirsasana as well. And I didn't bother with Intermediate either. Clearly, I need to figure out some reliable substitutions for those parts of the series.

Well, the backbends anyway. I skipped Sirsasana because I had The Lazy.

I can't believe I have to do it all again tomorrow. This has been one of those weeks when my practice feels impossible. The weekend is the light at the end of my tunnel.

In the meantime...




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Fran said...

Mama said there'd be days like this....
And they're all part of long-term practice. Take the long perspective, and just keep showing up on your mat. Well, that's what I do, anyhow, when those days visit me.

Karin said...

I think sometimes when we try too hard and think too much about it, the harder it gets...take it easy..it will all come back when your body is ready.

Love & light,
Karin

kristen said...

I hear you, sister. I don't have any great wisdom to offer. I'll just say that I was right there a few weeks ago and considering throwing in the towel and just two short weeks later, it is all smooth practicing and goodness. It will pass. In the meantime, just hang in there. Namaste.