Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day 218

I managed to wake early to do my practice again this morning.

It's very, very, very difficult to wake up, get out of bed and get moving early in the morning. But once I get on the mat, I find that I have less mental resistance to practice and I even enjoy it more! This has been a revelation for me.

I also love getting it out of the way - in the sense that I have a feeling of accomplishment the rest of the morning. And I don't need to schedule it into my day.

Physically, I seem to be on some kind of plateau in my practice. I'm not making any great leaps, but there's a lot of subtle stuff going on just under the surface. I think it's all manifesting in my reluctance to practice and all the little games I play with myself just to get on the mat and stay there for an hour-and-a-bit.

What really fascinates me about the Primary Series is that it's the same thing day after day, yet it's NOT the same thing at all. My practice right now is a completely different animal from my practice of February, or January or last July. My body feels different, my mind feels different.

Something has changed and I can't put my finger on it.

No comments: